Questions To Ask Your Closing Attorney
Are you in the process of hiring a closing lawyer to handle your real estate concern? Make sure you don’t hire someone without interviewing them first. Here are some of the questions you should ask them:
- How much experience do you have with my kind of transaction?
- Do you take a retainer? If yes, under what circumstances is it nonrefundable?
- Do you charge at contract signing or all up front?
- Do fees include due diligence?
- Who handles the documents and how?
- Will you handle my file and attend the close? Or will a paralegal, secretary, or associate handle my case?
- Are you part of a practice group or a solo practitioner?