Unpaid Wages Lawyer Boca Raton:
How Do Unpaid Wages Occur?
Unpaid wages could also refer to denial of wages, salary or benefits that an employee is entitled to receive. Failure to give this to the employee is a form of wage theft. To put it simply, unpaid wages happen when an employer fails to pay an employee what they are legally owed. When this happens, hire an Unpaid Wages Lawyer Boca Raton to help your case.
Unpaid wages occur in the following situations:
- The employer fails to pay overtime wages;
- The employer fails to meet minimum wage requirements;
- The employees are intentionally miscategorized in a way so that they are paid less than they should be;
- Clerical or administrative errors are made;
- The employee is not paid for all of their services;
- There are disputes regarding paid leave or other benefits;
- Salaries are withheld when an employee files for disability; or
- Business expenses paid out of pocket are not reimbursed when they should be.